Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Peripheral Vision

A part of vision that occurs outside the very center of gaze.

The stars are so pretty this time of year.
I can't help but stop and stare at them often.
It was cold outside, but i had to look.
I saw a man running down the street in his jogging suit.
He has more dedication than me, i think.
I only lasted for 15 minutes in the cold.
He is still running.

I like all the stars.
I go through and pick out each constellation.
My gaze strays to Pleiades, The Seven Sisters.
This cluster never fails to capture my attention.
There is a quality of mystery about Her.
She is seen the clearest when viewed through peripheral vision.
I love that.

Beautiful.
Breathtaking.
Constant.
Pure.
Stunning.

My teeth are chattering.
I take one long, last, wistful gaze at the mesmerizing lights.
Then i see it.
A shooting star.
Hope fills my heart...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful! Made me want to run right outside and gaze at the stars, too. But, it's morning so I'll have to wait until the dark settles in once again. Interesting...we need the dark hours to be able to see such beauty. The stars are always there, but their beauty is hidden from us until we are surrounded by darkness. I pray that the beauty of Christ always shines through me to those who are surrounded by darkness.
Mom