Saturday, November 29, 2008

You haven't snacked til you've snacked with us

So i've been home for Thanksgiving this weekend, and last night i spent some quality time making memories with my good best friend Amanda Renee (it's French!) Parsons.

We decided to bring a little life to the small towns of Lenoir, Granite Falls, and Hickory, NC. Not a difficult thing to do when you've got the two of us together. We pretty much laugh all the time. About EVERYTHING.

Well, round about the midnight hour or so Amanda got a slight craving for a little snackeroo (snack). I'm thinking McDonald's, Wendy's, Jack in the Box, something of that nature.

Wrong.

We pull into a gas station. She looks at me and says, "I'll be right back."

Ok. Great. Getting some gum?

Wrong again.

About two minutes later she strolls out the front door of the gas station with a grocery bag in hand. I'm staring at it trying to figure out why there is an abnormally long stick in that bag.

What did you get????

She hops in the car, and drops her purchase on the seat beside me, grinning.

"So, i got 5 packs of combos, one beef stick, and a diet coke!"
"You got WHAT? How many packs of combos??? Are you serious?"
"Yep!"

Hey, don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

We immediately begin doing work on the combos. We had Original, Cheddar Cheese, and Pizza (my favorite). About two bags deep, she decides she wants to open the beef stick. The only problem is, she can't get it open. I try. I fail. I'm wondering how in the world we are going to open this stubborn beef stick when a light bulb turns on in my head.

Don't try this at home. I borrow her cousin's lighter and hold the flame to the end of the beef stick wrapper. Bingo! The beef stick is open. And it's surprisingly delicious. You know you want one right now. We washed it all down with the diet coke and sat back satisfied with our late night snack. Who knew the evening would lead to such a smorgasbord of flavorful goodness??

In the words of my dear BFF: "Five packs of combos, one beef stick, and a diet coke later, we're good to go!!!!"

No comments: